Some of you may recall that I was going to participate in the Christmas in July Book Swap, hosted by The Book Monsters. I’m happy to say I was paired with Kate, who actually blogs at The Book Monsters, and she sent me a book that I have wanted to read for many years.
It’s the first in a trilogy by Nancy Farmer, and I just have never gotten around to reading it.
I love The House of the Scorpion by Farmer (and have used it in teaching 8th grade English), and have read wonderful reviews about The Sea of Trolls. Kate also sent me two beautiful bookmarks, which I always need more of!
This was a wonderful swap for the middle of the summer, and I look forward to reading and reviewing The Sea of Trolls trilogy in the near future!
Today I’m FINALLY sharing the wonderful package I received in the mail from my Books n’ Bloggers swap partner, Beverly. She blogs over at Booklady’s Booknotes so definitely pay her a visit. It was fantastic to discover Beverly’s blog and get to know her a little more. Her reviews of mysteries reminded me of how much I once read mysteries myself–and though I still love this genre, I don’t think I read nearly as many as I once did. Perhaps it’s time to revisit some of my favorites.
The three books she chose for me were perfect!
One that she has read and loves: Finn Finnegan by Darby Karchut
One that she’s interested in: The Lost by Sarah Durst
Some of you may remember that The Secret Hum of a Daisy was on my top ten anticipated reads for 2014, so I’m very excited to have a copy!
She also sent me a mug she decorated herself, as well as some lovely tea and chocolate.
This is my second Books n’ Bloggers swap, and I highly recommend Chaotic Goddess Swaps for those of you that love getting surprises in the mail and making new friends!
Things have been busy since the summer began, and so this is why you haven’t seen as many posts on the blog recently. However, I expect to share some news soon regarding books to read, vlog possibilities, and branching out…
Happy Summer & Happy Reading!
It’s that time of year–halfway to Christmas!
The Book Monsters is hosting a fantastic swap to celebrate, and I couldn’t pass this one up. I’m really excited to make a new blogger friend and send a personalized package. It’s fairly recently that I’ve started participating in different book swaps, and they are definitely worth it–mainly because of the new connections we make!
Here’s the info from The Book Monsters:
Send at least 1 book and something else fun for your partner that they would like. The package must include a book from their wishlist. If you want to send them a second, that is at your discretion.
- Sign-Ups Start: Monday, June 16th at 12AM
- Sign-Ups End: Monday, June 30th at 12AM
- First Post MUST be Posted by: Tuesday, July 1st at 12AM
- Partners assigned: Wednesday, July 2nd
- Packages Shipped: Friday, July 18th & Saturday July 19th
- Show-Off Linky Opens: Wednesday, July 23rd
- Show-Off Linky Closes: Friday, August 1st
Christmas in July Book Swap Rules
- After you have been accepted to the swap (via email), please post on your blog saying you are a participant in the swap. Your post should include our swap button along with a link back to our sign up post by July 1st.
- The package you send must include at least 1 book from their wishlist and 1 other item of your choosing.
- When you are assigned your partner, get to know them, and send items in your package that fit your partner’s wants and likes.
- All packages should cost approximately $10-$20 before shipping, so that each swap package is fairly close in pricing and no one feels cheated.
- Please reply to emails from us about the swap in a timely manner.
- Your packages MUST be mailed on or before July 18th/19th.
- You must send a tracking number for your package via email to your partner and to us at The Book Monsters when you mail it out.
- Please post and link up to your swap reveal, which will be posted on July 23rd. Everyone would like to see your goodies after all!